We are very proud to hold the Gold Mark from Sainbury's School Games.
This is a recognition of the quality of Sport that is provided at Rudgwick Primary School.
In particular we are very proud of our gymnastics in which a significant number of children in the school participate every week.
how the funding is allocated
Since 2013 all schools have been allocated Sports Premium funding.
At Rudgwick Primary we have used this funding to support the development of sport in some of the following ways:
* We have employed a PE specialist to support the teaching of PE in our school. This allowed our teachers the chance to work alongside a specialist to develop their own knowledge of teaching in PE. Standards of curriculum and extra curricular PE are high and strength of the school.
* We deliver outdoor learning opportunities all year around through our Woodland Learning.
*We enable as many children as possible children to take part in sports competitions within the locality.
*We include opportunities for children to take part in the Active Mile within the school timetable.
*We ensure top-up swimming lessons for any child unable to swim a minimum of 25m when they are in Year 6.
* Money is used to develop our excellent links with the Weald Secondary school and ensure that children are able to attend events.
* Some money has been used to update equipment.
* We have been able to purchase new gym mats for our fantastic gymnastic teams - some of whom have competed at Nationals again this year.
* Money has also been used to purchase playground equipment to keep the children active at play times.
Full information about how Sports Premium is spent can be found in the reports below: